Saturday, September 10, 2011

A Revelation

My amazing life changing revelation is pretty simple:

I can blog about anything I want.

Yep. That's it. A few weeks ago I was in the blogging mood but hadn't baked in months weeks due to the fierce Chicago heat and no AC. All of the sudden, I realized that this is my blog and even though it is named "Southern Charm Treats", I don't have to bake something every time I write. I can write about whatever I want.

In a perfect world, I would have a baking post 5 times a week but let's be honest, this world ain't perfect.
Like how I used "ain't"? Just letting my southern roots show, y'all!

So today I have a couple things to throw out into the world:

1. I absolutely REFUSE to go running when Colin isn't home. Maybe I have watched too many episodes of Law & Order: SVU but whatever the reason, I am TERRIFIED of doing it. I will not do it. Even though he doesn't run with me, he knows how long I usually run and would come looking for me if I didn't come home. If he wasn't home, no one would know that I didn't come home when I supposed to... See? I am either paranoid or logical, not sure which one.

2. Colin is using my fear of running when he isn't home to try to talk me into getting a German Shepherd... In a one bedroom apartment. Yep. Really, Colin? He says that a German Shepherd would run with me and people are scared of them so they wouldn't mess with me. Boys that are desperate for a dog will try any excuse, I guess.... One bedroom apartment.... Really? No. I feel like a treadmill is much more logical in this situation. Just saying.

3. I found out last night that Katy Perry is going to be in Vegas on my birthday this year. My first thought was "if that isn't a sign from God, I don't know what is". I immediately texted all of my friends from back home and told them we are going and that they didn't have a choice. I then managed the huge feat of convincing Colin it was a good idea. Today, I looked up flight prices. Let me go ahead and tell you, it isn't a good idea. It is actually a horrible idea. Don't know if that will be happening or not. Horrible, horrible idea. Anyone know of better travel sites than Expedia? I always use Expedia, I am just hoping there is some magical site like FreeTripToVegas.com or something :)

4. Ever get that feeling like if you have to walk into your place of employment one more time your whole world is going to end and you will just cease to exist?.... No?... Maybe I am being a little dramatic but it is kind of how I feel right now.

That's all I want to write for now, folks. And, you know, its my blog and I can write whatever I want :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...