Sunday, September 4, 2011

Classic Peanut Butter Cookies


I have tried a lot of peanut butter cookies, honestly. I love them. I like how simple they are to make and how soft they are and of course, how perfectly they go with a glass of milk. Like I said, I have tried a lot of peanut butter cookies but my all time favorites come from the recipe on the back of the Jif Peanut Butter jar. Perfection. Before your mind gets carried away, I have no connection with Jif Peanut Butter other than I buy a lot of it. :) 
Now, this recipe makes three dozen cookies. Three dozen peanut butter cookies wouldn't last long around my house and since I am doing C25K (more on that later) I ate two, saved 6 for Colin, and loaded the rest up in ZipLock bags and sent them home with my brother. 
It was honestly painful to watch these cookies walk out of my house in my brother's backpack :)
Make some peanut butter cookies. Use your favorite recipe. Get a big glass of milk and watch The Closer, Rizzoli and Isles, and Law and Order SVU. Doesn't that just sound like a perfect night? It does to me, at least. 

C25K Update: Okay so I had my normal rest day after the first run on Monday and then on Wednesday I had a run. I only made it twenty minutes of that run instead of the full thirty because I was having some trouble breathing (I have a respiratory condition) and decided not to push it. On Friday, which would have been my normal run day, one of our good friends from Gulfport texted us to let us know that he was in Chicago! It isn't often that you have drop in visitors from Mississippi but between work and socializing, running was the last thing on my mind. I am going to restart from day one tomorrow after work.

Speaking of tomorrow, I am determined to at least make an effort to like Monday of this week. Usually I hate even speaking the M word, but this week, I am going to try to embrace it. I'll let you know how that works out for me later on in the week :)




0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...